How To Clean the TarGard Permanent Filter
- Twist the mouthpiece and the metal insert in opposing directions while pulling them apart.
- Once apart, clean both using a cotton swab and hot soapy water. The tar is very sticky, so rubbing alcohol usually helps speed up the process.
- Make sure the airway is completely clear.
- Allow the filter to completely dry before using it again.
- Reassemble the filter, and enjoy!
- Our cleaning brushes work very well as an alternative to the cotton swabs mentioned above, but are not required.
- Make sure you also have a spare o-ring or two available in case your current ring needs to be replaced.
- Sometimes the tar is very resilient. Soaking the filter prior to cleaning will help loosen it up and will make the cleaning process much easier.
How TarGard Filters Work
Each time you smoke an additional cigarette through the TarGard Permanent Cigarette filter you'll see that the tar will build up quickly. A typical customer can smoke around a pack of cigarettes between each Permanent Filter cleaning. When the tar build-up reaches the point shown in the image, then you know it's time to clean it.
It's always a good idea to have a supply of TarGard cleaning accessories on hand to help make the job easy.