- Policy Introduction
- Policy Scope
- The Types of Information We Collect
- Our Legal Basis for Collecting Information
- The Specific Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- How We May Share Your Personal Information
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices Regarding How We Use Your Personal Information
- Other Important Privacy Information
Last Updated: 05/22/18
We have always worked hard to keep our customers' personal information private and protected. We use proven, up-to-date security systems, methods and business practices to secure data — both in transit and in storage. We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise knowingly disclose your personal information to anyone except as necessary to provide the business services we offer or as otherwise described in this Policy.
This Policy applies to:
- Your use of our web sites (currently Slipxsolutions.com & Targard.com).
- All product purchases made via our web sites.
- Our actions in support of any purchases you make of SlipX Solutions or TarGard products on any 3rd Party Online Marketplace (such as Amazon.com, eBay.com, or any of Amazon.com's EU-based marketplace sites) with which we partner.
Please note that this Policy does not cover or apply to any web sites operated by — or actions taken directly by - 3rd Party Online Marketplaces. We only partner with 3rd Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, but we cannot assume responsibility for our partners' practices, methods, or privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any 3rd Party Online Marketplace you access so that you know exactly how they collect, use, and protect your information.
Venturi collects two basic types of information about individuals during our normal business operations — non-attributable information and Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"):
- Non-attributable information is data about topics such as web site traffic patterns, browser types, product sales trends, and so on that cannot be associated with any individual site visitor or customer. We use this information to analyze overall trends and behavioral patterns across groups of visitors/shoppers/customers, in order to improve our customer experiences and our customer care.
- PII is information that relates directly to a natural person — For example, personal descriptors such as Name, E-mail Address, Phone Number, Account Number, or other factors specific to that natural person.
Specific legal regulations — particularly related to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") — govern the collection, processing, storage, and protection of PII. This Policy describes Venturi's ongoing efforts to adhere to those rules and — more generally — to protect the valuable PII of all of our customers, regardless of their country of origin.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your PII depends on the information collected and the specific context in which we collect it.
When You Consent to Share Information
We collect various types of PII from you and the devices that you use whenever you voluntarily choose to consent to its collection, by:
- Providing us with information via a web form
- Registering for — or updating — an online account with us
- Signing up for one of our e-mail newsletters
- Otherwise corresponding with us
Wherever we rely on your consent in order to process PII, you have the right to decline or withdraw that consent at any time. If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
When You Purchase Products from Us
Whenever you purchase a product from us via one of our web sites, you enter into a contractual agreement with us in which we agree to supply you with product in exchange for payment. We collect specific elements of PII (*described later in this Policy) in order to fulfill your order, deliver your purchases, and provide exceptional customer care after the fact.
In an ongoing effort to improve the shopping experience on our web sites, we collect certain non-attributable information about each site visitor, including things like the date and time you visited, the type of browser you used, the pages you viewed, the page you visited just prior to navigating to our Services, your IP address, and so on. We do not associate this information with individuals in any persistent manner or for any Venturi marketing purposes.
Information We Collect When You Submit a Web Form
You may choose to provide us with certain PII through any one of our web forms. Example forms include:
- Customer Service "Contact Us" Form
- Product Return or Exchange Form
- Product Replacement Request Form
- B2B Wholesale Account Form
The type of PII we typically request and collect via web forms includes Name, E-mail Address, Order # (when applicable) and Phone Number. We also may ask you to submit such PII if you choose to interact with us by posting a product review, participating in a survey, or signing up for a contest or other promotion.
PII provided to us via web forms is given voluntarily; by submitting it you give us consent to process and store that information as necessary in order to answer your questions and/or respond to your requests. You may rescind that consent at any time by contacting us and requesting that we delete any PII data provided via a Venturi-managed web form.
Information We Collect When You Create or Update an Online Account with Us
Site users often choose to set up convenient Online Accounts with us, so that they can store profile information, save check out information for faster purchases, and/or reference past orders. To sign up for an Online Account, you voluntarily supply us with certain PII, and consent to Venturi's capture, processing, and storage of that personal information. You may edit PII stored within your Online Account at any time, using the online My Account interface to make changes. You may also contact us directly at [email protected] and request that we make changes/deletions on your behalf. The PII typically shared and stored within a Venturi Online Account includes:
- Mailing and shipping addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
Please note that while it is possible to enter Credit Card reference information for safe storage within an Online Account, Venturi does NOT store any full credit card number details within our systems. Instead, we partner with an experienced, proven 3rd party payment expert to keep your payment details safe and secure on Visa data centers.
Information We Collect When You Sign Up for Our E-mail Newsletter Services
In order to sign up for one of our free online newsletter services, you must voluntarily provide a small amount of PII in order to facilitate the delivery of newsletter content. This PII is typically limited to Name and E-mail Address. This information you voluntarily provide — and thereby consent for us to use - will be used solely for the purpose of providing you digital newsletter content. E-mail information used to sign up for these services will never be rented, traded, sold or otherwise provided to a 3rd party without your permission.
PII We Collect When You Otherwise Communicate with Us
We do everything we can to provide exceptional customer care. If you contact us by phone, text message, email, live chat, social media, or some other means, we may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our service levels.
PII We Collect When You Purchase from Our Websites
When purchasing products from Targard.com, Slipxsolutions.com, or any other web site owned and controlled by Venturi, you enter into a contractual agreement with us whereby we agree to supply you with certain goods and services in exchange for certain information, including payment details. In order to process and execute your purchase, we collect the following PII elements:
- Your Name
- Your Bill-To Address
- Your Ship-To Address
- Your Payment Information
- Please note that our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, collects, stores, and processes your credit card and other payment information on our behalf, using industry-standard security measures. Venturi does not store any payment card information.
- Your E-mail Address (*in order to communicate with you regarding your order and related customer care issues like refunds or exchanges).
- Your Phone Number
PII We Process When You Purchase from 3rd Party Marketplaces
When you purchase SlipX Solutions or TarGard products on a non-Venturi Online Marketplace (such as Amazon.com or eBay.com), Venturi often participates in the processing and fulfillment of your order. When we do, we act as a Data Processor for the Online Marketplace, receiving from them only the PII necessary to fulfill, deliver, and track your order. We treat this PII in the same safe, secure manner that we treat PII associated with orders collected on our own web sites. For more details on individual Online Marketplaces collect, handle and protect your personal information, please refer to their posted Privacy Policies.
Other PII We May Collect
We use non-attributable data and PII that you have consented to share in order to:
- Provide and improve our web site shopping experiences
- Contact you about your orders or your online account(s)
- Provide you with offer information that you have voluntarily requested
- Provide you with the best possible customer care
- Detect, prevent, mitigate and/or investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
When you purchase products from us — either directly or through a 3rd party Online Marketplace — we use PII to in order to fulfill our contract with you, by:
- Providing payment processing services
- Preparing and shipping your orders
- Providing order-related communications such as order confirmations, receipts, and/or tracking information.
- Addressing any purchase-related customer requests that arise
Please note: We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our web sites and services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other jurisdictions in which we operate.
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information or the methods we use to protect it, please contact us with your specific questions at [email protected].
Sharing with Service Providers
In order to provide retail/commerce services to our customers, we may provide your information to certain contractors, agents, and service providers as necessary to enable them to perform certain services for us, including but not limited to:
- Payment processing
- Delivery services
- Web experience improvement
- Fraud monitoring
- Data security and analytics
- Law enforcement (as legally required)
These Service Providers may only process PII from Venturi pursuant to our instructions and in compliance both with this Policy and other applicable confidentiality and legal security regulations. In all cases, we attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish each specified purpose above.
Sharing with Your Consent
We may choose to share PII in specific ways after having secured your voluntary consent to do so.
Sharing We Do Not Allow
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
In the Event of a Change in Ownership
If Venturi is subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, or undertakes corporate business transaction such as a joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, we may share information with other parties involved in the transaction, in accordance with our established privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information.
If we intend to process your personal information for any purpose not covered in this Policy, you will receive prior notification of the processing along with information about how you may opt out.
We retain PII for as long as necessary to provide essential services such as executing customer orders, providing immediate and longer-term customer services, resolving disputes, and complying with financial and/or legal obligations.
How long we retain PII can vary significantly based on context and our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence our retention periods:
- How long is the PII required in order to provide basic services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in an applicable jurisdiction; government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation; or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your PII as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format upon request.
If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. Please note that your objection could result in Venturi being unable to provide you with specific services that you have requested.
You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law. Such a request may also impact our ability to provide some services.
In order for Venturi to act on SAR, we will need to verify that you, as requestor, are inquiring about your own information before we can assist. Where a SAR may implicate the personal data of another individual, we must balance the request against the risk of violating another person's privacy rights. We will comply with SARs to the extent required by applicable law. If you are a citizen of the EU, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a recognized Supervisory Authority.
Options for Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Venturi customers have the ability self-manage any information that they have voluntarily stored in their Online Accounts at any time, simply by logging in and accessing their My Account page in order to remove an Online Account completely, please e-mail us at [email protected].
Subscribers to any of Venturi's e-mail newletters may unsubscribe at any time by following the Unsubscribe link contained within every newsletter. Unsubscribing will result in the deletion of your e-mail address from our newsletter service records, preventing all future mailings.
You may request that Venturi summarize, correct, collect and/or delete any other PII about you in our systems by sending a detailed request to [email protected]. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Please note, however, that where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we may still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
Our websites are general audience websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect PII of any kind from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with PII, please email us at [email protected].
Attention — Privacy Officer
2299 Traversefield Drive
Traverse City, MI 49686
United States of America