Washable Cigarette Filter
TarGard cigarette filters are known for being the most efficient, highest quality filters available. In addition to our disposable styles, we also produce a washable cigarette filter. We call it the TarGard Permanent Filter for its durability and unbeatable value.
Why a Washable Cigarette Filter?
At TarGard, we make both disposable cigarette filters as well as washable (reusable) cigarette filters. Some TarGard customers prefer to use the disposable models because the like the convenience of just simply throwing them away when they're full. But with the Permanent Filter, what you give up in convenience, you more than get back in value!
Permanent Filter Benefits
- Amazingly efficient. Filter large volumes of tar without changing the taste or adversely impacting the drag strength needed.
- The most affordable cigarette filter we make.
- Smoke 7 - 20 cigarettes between cleanings. The exact number depends on the cigarette brand and how hard you drag. The fewer cigarettes you get between cleanings, the more harmful tar you've prevented from entering your lungs (that's the point!).
- Extremely easy to disassemble and clean.
- Very affordable replacement parts are available when they wear out or in case you lose one.
Tip - Many customers keep 2 or 3 on hand to reduce the frequency of cleanings and to make sure they're never without the ability to filter their cigarette smoke with TarGard.
How to Wash Your Cigarette Filter
A Customer Submitted Method
- Wipe excess tar from the filter with a paper towel.
- Wash with liquid dish soap and use a brush to further clean it.
- Put all the pieces (including the pip brush) into a small bowl, add about 1/4 cup of water and some backing soda. Swirl to dissolve and then pour in white vinegar until it foams.
- Wait for the foaming to stop and repeat until the filter no longer has a scent.
Additional Tip - Using lemon on your hands will cut the tar odor to almost zero.